I googled and found 2 ways to do it. Sila cuba dulu.
This was the error message faced by one of our readers that when he boots the PC up, the CSRCS.exe error message comes up on the screen.
csrsc.exe is a process which is registered as W32.Spybot.CF Virus. DO NOT confuse it with csrss.exe which is an important file used by Windows. The attackers of this virus can access our computer and gain access to some important data remotely.
Steps to remove this virus:
1. Scan the system with a good and updated Anti Virus.
2. Open Task Manager, locate this exe (csrcs.exe or csrsc.exe but not csrss.exe), and kill the process.
3. Now type msconfig in the Run box, and then go to startup tab.
4. Locate this exe file, if any, and then remove it from there as well.
5. Now search the file in the C: drive.
6. Permanently delete the file (csrcs.exe or csrsc.exe only) from the computer.
7. Reboot the PC for changes to take place.
After doing the above steps, you need to clean the registry as well.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
- On the right side, there is a key named “Shell”, it may be having a value “explorer.exe csrcs.exe”. Just modify it to delete the csrcs.exe from it (not explorer.exe). Restart the computer
The virus should have gone.
WHAT IS CSRCS.EXE?
It is a undescribed program that loads when the system boots(no one seems to know who created it).It is hidden and is able to monitor your system processes and can remotely transfer datas to external servers through lan or internet.It may even manipulate other programs and create a backup of it self in case it is identified and exterminated.
“This just means it is very dangerous”
HOW TO REMOVE CSRCS.EXE?
Unfortunately google was unable to provide me with any real solutions(all the search results where like download csrcs.exe scanner and fix errors).
You will not find it among the startup program lists
So i took up it my hands and did it the manual hackers way(I’ll be explaining to you how to remove it)
- START-RUN,type there regedit(this will open system registry)
- Write csrcs(search now)
It’ll show you some results, you’ll find there “csrcs.exe”,just delete it immediately.
Its not over yet, again do the same search you may see “explorer.exe csrcs.exe” , left click then modify and remove the csrcs.exe part(leave the explorer.exe as it is)
There you go congrats you just removed csrcs.exe
Restart your system and see it for yourself